Stir fry sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 knob ginger
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 carrots, shredded (optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the cooking oil, ground beef, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook until the beef is browned.
Add the cabbage and (optionally) the carrots. Cook/stir until the cabbage starts to wilt.
Stir in the sauce and (optionally) the green onions. Stir until evenly combined.
Garnish with sesame seeds and another tablespoon of sriracha (optional).
In order to minimize downtime, I usually do the ingredient prep/cooking in the following order:
Mince the garlic/ginger
Start cooking the beef/garlic/ginger
Shred the cabbage/carrots
Add the cabbage/carrots once the beef is browned
Mix up the sauce
Add the sauce
Add the garnishes