- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Roll into cookie balls and bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
Let cool completely before removing from pan.